Zlabia.com Le Rendez-vous des Juifs d'Algerie

Chelouche

Envoyé par admin 
Re: Chelouche
20 mars 2008, 07:38
Strains Jewish Berber origin

(by Jacques Taïeb, Etsi, Vol. 2, No. 2, Fall 1998)

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
The initials after strains indicate the countries or regions in which they are made: M for Morocco, O for Oran, Algiers for the A, S for southern Algeria, for Constantinois C, T for Tunisia, L for Libya.
Strains of Berber origin of almost certain:
Aknine, Ouaknine (A,C,O,M.); Akrich (M); Amaoua (A,C); Amelard (M); Amgar (M); Amlal, Mlili, Melloul (M,T); Amselem (O,M,A); Amsallag (M,O); Ananou (A); Ankri, Lancry (T,M,0,A); Aoudai (A,O,M); Aouizerate (A,C); Assouline (M); Aurray (M); Azencot (A,S,M); Azeroual (O,S); Azoulay (A,C,O,S,M,T,L); Bellity, Bellilti (M,T); Benhamiyin (M); Bihi (M); Dadi (T); Datchi, Ditchi (C); Debda (M); Didi (T); Ergas (T); Fitoussi (A,C,O,T); Friat, Afriat (M,O,A); Gallula (T); Gandus (T); Gesni (C); Ghamrasni (T); Guedj, Guez (C,A,O,T); Guest (C); Guetta (T,L,A,C); Guily (A); Hansis (M); Haco (M); Himy (M); Hurighlan (M); Ichi (C); Iddan, Haddan (M); Iddoukh, Boudoukh, Doukhai (M); Ifenzi (M); Iferghan, Afrigan (M,T); Iflah (M,C); Ima (A); Innou (M); Issan (M); Issini (M); Isso (M); Ito (C); Izerzel (M); Izri (C,O,M); Jarmon (L,T); Kaoua, Enkaoua (A,O,M); Knafo (M); Mechiche (A,C); Megaïdès (T); Memmi (C,T); Moumou (M); Nezri, Nezra (M); Ouizgan (M); Ouizman (M,O); Oukrat (A,M,O); Outgorgoch (M); Outmezguit (M); Ouzilou (A); Sfedj, Sfez (C,T); Sicsic, Saksik, Sicsou (M,O,C,A,T); Tamsot, Tameshut (M); Taourel (M); Tata (A,C,O,M); Tedgui (O,M,A); Timsit, Temstet, Timestit (A,O,M,T); Titou, Taïtou (M,T,L); Toubou (M); Tubiana (A,T); Zemour (A,C,T); Zenati (A,O,M); Zerath, Zard, Zert (A,C,O,M,T); Znagui (M); Ziri (M).
Strains of Berber origin partially or probably Berber:
Abdoun (M); Addi, Benady (M,T); Agon (S,O,A); Aïnous, Benaïnous (C,T); Akali (C); Amouch (M,O); Amozegh, Benamozeg (M); Amsili (A,M,O); Amstat (M); Aouate (A,C); Azogui (M); Bedjai (A); Benchetrit (M); Bohbot (S,M,L); Bouzaglou (M); Dada (M); Dadiah (M); Dadouch (A,C); Demri (T); Ed-Dadsi (M); Ed-Debdubi (M); El Anfaoui (M); El Hyayni (M); Es-Skuri (M); Gaguèch, Ben Gaguèch (T); Ghenassia (O,A,C); Guigui, Benguigui (M,O,A); Haouzi, Haoudji (T,C); Harfi (A,M); Illouz, Benillouz, Benillouche (M,T); Isgui (M); Isti (O); Isvy (M); Kiki, Kakou, Kakon, peut-être Cacoub (M,T); Lebrati (O); Lellouche (A,C,T); Loufrani, Oufrani (M); Madar (T); Mesguini (C,T); Mesguich (A,C,O); Moha (A,O,M); Naniche (O); Nounou (A,C,O,T); Ohana, Ouanounou (M); Ohayon (M); Ou hamou (C,A,O,M); Ousday (M); Qadra, Ben Qadra (M); Sagron, Zagron (T); Sahij (M); Sberno, Sberlo (T); Sisso (M); Sitruk, Strouchi (C,T); Stégassi (M); Stora (M,A); Tamazarti (T); Timgui (M); Tinzi (M); Youyou (A); Zaghdoun, Zerdoun (C,T); Zagouri (M); Zaouni (M); Zozo (M); Zuzuth (M).
20 mars 2008, 09:18
Dear hamidou
Thank you for indicating to me the work done by Jacques Taieb. I will try to get vol. 2 no. 2 of fall 1998 and read it carefully.
Should I assume [on this study] that the chelouche family came [originally, when ?] from Constantine ? and are they from berber origin ?
have a good day,
michael (miki) cohen
10 avril 2008, 16:32
Bonjour Michael, si vous avez d'autres questions ou sujets dont vous aimeriez discuter n'hésitez pas!

Bonjour Ibrahim, avez vous pu vous renseigner sur la BD de Joan Sfar dont je vous avais parlé?

A bientôt.
11 avril 2008, 10:51
Dear meriam,
thank you for your message.
I still have several unanswered questions.
I asuume that the Chelouche family arrived io Oran between 1825 - 1832.
they may have come directly from Morocco [ Fez ?] or they may have come to Oran from the area of Constantine.
If they came from Morocco, their name [Sheloush or Chelouche] was in Arabic which is the same in whether they came from Morocco or from Algeria.
It seems that the origin of the name is Berber, which indicates that they did not arrive in the Magreb from Spain or Portugal [in the 14 th. or 15 th. century].
I assume that my family lived in Oran for 8 - 10 years and in 1842 sailed to Palestine and settled in Jaffa.
If the lived 8 - 10 years in Oran it is possible that they left some "signs" such as tumb stones in the cemetary or an inscriptions in the old synagogue.
The so called unanswered questions are:
did they leave any "signs" in Oran ?
did the come [to Oran] from Morroco or from Constantine ?
Is the origin of the name is Beber ?
Are there any Jewish families in Algeria [in the present] with the same name [I found several Muslim families]
I think this is enough for one message....
thank you,
michael
16 mai 2008, 02:45
hello,
my name is toufik chelouche and I live to marseille. Iwas born to jijel and all of my familly live to jijel. my grandfather was the chief of a village in the jijel's mountain.I was happy to read that someone look for is origin.
19 mai 2008, 10:23
hello OM13
I am very happy to find another family with the smae name.
Do you know the origin of your family before they settled in Jijel. and do you know the origin of the name CHELOUCHE. does it have any meaning or it is tipical to people who came from a certain part of Algeria.
I know already that this name is common to Jewish and Muslim families. Is it possible that its origin is Berber ?
I will be delighted to hear from you,
thank you
Michael Cohen
20 mai 2008, 00:38
dear michael,

I'm very happy for your interest and thank you.
My family came from TEXENA it's a town's moutain near JIJEL.
Ours name origin is berbere and my family is present in this part of algeria since a long long time..I'm very sorry if my english is not good write but I try...
21 mai 2008, 04:59
Hello OM 13
Thank you for your answer.
I looked at the map of Algeria and found Texena south of Jijel.
As you said that the origin of your family name is Berbere, does is have any meaning ? or it is just a name.
Do you know if there were Jewsih families in Jijel ?
As you know, my famile came to Palestine in 1840 from Oran. I am looking for somebody who lives today in Oran to visit the Jewish cemetery and search for any Chelouche names that died in Oran between 1830 to 1840.
If you know of someone in Oran could you give me his E- mail address.
best regards,
Michael Cohen
21 mai 2008, 06:47
dear michael,

I'm very sorry, I don't kwon what mean my name and I don't kwon someone In oran. but I know that tel aviv in israel was create by chelouche aron who came from oran.
21 mai 2008, 08:35
Dear OM 13,
Thank you for your answer.
Aaron Chelouche was my great grandfather.He was born in Oran in 1829 and came with his father and mother in 1840.
regards,

michael cohen
Seuls les utilisateurs enregistrés peuvent poster des messages dans ce forum.

Cliquer ici pour vous connecter

ZLABIA

Copyright 2000-2024 - ZLABIA.COM